Posted on Mar 01, 2021
5 Signs that you may need to consider outsourcing your customer technical support
It’s said that its best to make major strategic changes in your business when you are at the top of your game and in complete control of it. However, in my experience of representing an outsourced tech support provider, I have often seen companies come to us when they already have their customer support thoroughly backed up. So, I thought to take some time to list out 5 critical signs that are a good indicator of your company having grown enough to require a specialist outsourced support provider.
- When you have a substantial number of your customers in different time zones or continents and you offer a business-critical service. In such cases providing a high quality 24x7 support from just your home location can become a challenge. You don’t want your best resources toiling away in the nights.
- If your ticket response times are greater than 4 hours and your call wait times greater than 2 minutes, then your customers will only wait if you are in a monopoly business. You see they might love what you offer but then the one time they had to wait to get something fixed, is all that they will remember at the time of renewal.
- You find yourself spending more and more time handling customer support escalations and dealing with recruitment and retention of support staff. You are probably needed more in growing and adding to your business offerings.
- When your current support team is not able to provide all 3 principal mediums of support – Live Chat, Tickets and Telephone. It’s no longer an option to skip any of these 3 mediums, as customers expect technical support in all 3 ways.
- When you are worried about being overly dependent on 1 or 2 key employees handling your technical support and infrastructure and the fact that if they go, they walk away with a lot of know how that will be hard to transfer to another employee.
If any or all of the above are becoming a concern for your business or if you are growing really fast and think that soon these will be the challenges that you will have to grapple with, then maybe it’s time to start a dialogue with a company like ours. Please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com